Bookings have to be made at least 48 hours in advance.
| Trip duration
|| Approximately 10 hours|
| Trip type
|| Private Tour by Air-conditioned vehicle|
| Trip runs
|| Every Day|
| Starting from
|| Dead Sea Hotel|
| Return to
|| Any Hotel or Residence in Amman|
| Pick up time
|| 07:00 am|
07:00 pick up at Dead Sea hotel lobby and drive 3 hrs to the red rose city of Petra, one of the New Seven Wonders of the world, and since 1985 a UNESCO World Heritage Site. More than 2,000 years ago the Nabatean Arabs carved here amazing monuments in the sandstone. The Nabateans gained wealth by dominating the trade routes of ancient Arabia, but came under Roman rule in 106 AD. Visitors enter Petra via the Siq, an impressively narrow path, flanked by 80 meters high cliffs, till the Treasury. Its name comes from the Bedouin belief that the Pharaoh hid his treasure in the urn at the top of the Kazneh. The monument consists of a massive façade, 30 meters wide and 43 meters high, carved out of the red rose sandstone in the early 1st century. Other monuments you will see are the Street of Façades and the Royal Tombs. The guide says farewell to you and you walk the same way back to the entrance gate. Meet your driver for your transfer to your Amman hotel or residence.
Travel Date 01 Jan - 31 Dec 2017
||384 USD per person|
|2 persons (sharing trip)
||234 USD per person|
|3 persons (sharing trip)
||207 USD per person|
|4 persons (sharing trip)
||175 USD per person|
|5 persons (sharing trip)
||155 USD per person|
|6 persons (sharing trip)
||144 USD per person|
● Transport by private, air conditioned, new vehicle with English speaking, assisting driver.
● Private English speaking spot guide in Petra until the restaurant area (about 2.5 hours).
● Entrance fee to Petra.
● 700 meters horse ride in Petra from the main gate (not mandatory, horse handler expects a tip).
● Mineral water on board of the vehicle.
● Horse drawn carriage or camel ride Petra.
● Meals and beverage not stated.
● Tips and private expenses.
● Please wear comfortable shoes, you walk several km in Petra and the terrain is uneven.